Private One-On-One Career Coaching
Private One-On-One Career Coaching for College Students and Graduates
This proprietary, highly effective 90-Day program provides career advising to college students and recent grads in a private, one-on-one format. This is for college students and graduates who seek customized support to FOCUS on what areas to pursue and gain CONFIDENCE on how to navigate the career search process to land a job or internship. Our expert early career advisors guide students and graduates through a step-by-step process on HOW to figure out the career path and land the job. The program is limited to 4 new clients each month. Private coaching provides the most personalization and customizations for client needs.
Clients will achieve the following by the end of the program:
- Clarity on what skills they possess to help them find jobs that align to their talents
- Focus on the right jobs to pursue so they don’t waste time on dead ends
- Networking techniques to connect with the right people so they are plugged into real opportunities
- Job interview skills to ace the interview when other candidates are sweating it out
- Knowledge of their value and how to communicate it to prospective employers
- Right tools to land the job or internship
Our Private Career Coaching Program includes:
- (12) One-hour private video sessions
- Week 1-6: This is a learning intensive where the client will gain understanding of the entire search process
- Weeks 7-12: Client will put techniques into practice and advisor will provide feedback and keep client accountable with ongoing search
- Proprietary access to NGS methodology and program workbooks
- Customized Resume, LinkedIn profile, Cover Letter lessons and review
- Customized edits to sample letters (cover, thank you, networking)
- Elevator pitch and career fair strategy
- Proprietary Job Search resources
- Live mock interview and one-way interview simulation with HireVue software
- (12) weeks of accountability check-ins and actionable tasks
- Unlimited phone call and email access to NGS advisors
- Individualized attention and customization to client needs
Program Fee: Pricing available following Discovery Call
We were amazed at the difference Next Great Step made in our son’s ability to understand his strengths and the value that he brings to an organization. In short order he was able to clearly articulate how the skills he has developed made him a good fit for the jobs he was targeting. We can’t recommend Next Great Step highly enough – and have already engaged them to help our daughter get a summer internship.
Private Coaching is right for my college student or graduate if...
Prefers working one-on-one
Prefers optimal personalization to prioritize needs
Requires flexibility in scheduling. This works well with students who are managing academics, have urgent interviews, or individualized learning styles.
Needs customized pace and delivery of content (accelerated or slower)
Offered on a rolling basis
So which program has a better outcome, group or private coaching?
Both offer outstanding outcomes where on average 90% of clients are landing the job or internship they desire within 3-5 months of working with us. One of the most important predictors of success is that a client needs to be committed to put the time and effort into this process. They have to want the guidance and be willing to follow through on our recommendations.
We love when enthusiastic parents are excited about our program, but we need your college student to feel the same to engage with us. And if they are not ready, that’s ok. We will be here when the time is right for them.
NGS Career Coaching services are ideal for:
College Sophomores planning ahead for the summer internship of Junior Year.
College Juniors and Seniors planning ahead for the next internship or campus job interviews.
Recent graduates who need to get a job out of college.
Those seeking guidance on which career path to pursue and how to effectively network with contacts and prospective employers.
Students and graduates who need last minute preparation for interviews or meetings.
Recommended services will be determined after the initial consultation.